Environmental Sustainability is the responsibility to conserve natural resources and protect global ecosystems to support health and wellbeing, now and in the future. St. Patrick’s is a 5 Star Sustainability School. We focus on Biodiversity; Energy and Water Conservation and Waste management.
Our dedication to caring for the earth is evident in the way we:
- Foster the notion of stewardship for the earth
- Develop a spiritual connection and reverence for the earth as created by God
- Commit to helping students:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of the natural world
- gain an appreciation of how their actions impact on the environment and influence change for a sustainable future.
- Embed sustainability into all aspects of school life
- Encourage staff, students, families and parish to develop a greater understanding of the importance of caring for our world.